One of the primary challenges of SAP implementation process has been integrating SAP with the other applications. SAP provides basic infrastructure needed to bridge this gap by providing various tools, techniques & technologies for the integration.
The following are the Interfacing techniques currently supported by SAP.
- Batch Data Communication (BDC)
- Batch Input (BI) & Direct Input (DI) programs
- Remote Function Call (RFC)
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- Application Link Enabling (ALE)
- Business Application Programming Interface (BAPI)
- SAP Automation Tools
- SAP Connectors
- Internet Transaction Server (ITS)
- CPI-C Communication
- Platform specific development libraries for SNA & TCP/IP communication