The SAP Implementation Guide is a tool for adjusting SAP Systems to customer requirements. It is hierarchically structured and based on the application component hierarchy. The core of the implementation guide are the IMG activities, which take you into Customizing, where you can make the appropriate system settings. The implementation steps for all IMG activities are documented in detail in the IMG. You can also document your implementation projects in the IMG.
Learn about configuring every bits and pieces in SAP SPRO Configuration in this huge manual which provides you with all the required help. It is used to configure every setting as per clients requirement. This guide is a basic template of every customization. Working with SAP Project Reference Object in SAP can be very complicated just because of the complex nature of the SAP System.
There are the following types of IMG:
- The SAP Reference IMG contains all IMG activities, sorted by application component and into the categories General Settings and Enterprise Structure
- The Enterprise IMG is a subset of the SAP Reference IMG which contains only the IMG activities of the application components which are to be implemented. N.B. The Enterprise IMG is not provided from R/3 Release 4.6A.
- The Project IMG is a subset of the Enterprise IMG (until 4.5B) or the SAP Reference IMG (from 4.6A) which contains IMG activities for the application components which are implemented in a particular Customizing project.
- You can create project views of attributes of a Project IMG, in particular for Release Customizing (Delta Customizing or Upgrade Customizing).
There are two kinds of SPRO IMG activities:
- Activities with executable transactions
These contain documentation, attributes, a maintenance object and process assignments. You can go to Customizing to make settings, check them with check programs or transfer data, via the Customizing objects in the maintenance object. The steps required are described in the IMG activity documentation. You can gather IMG activities into projects by attributes. If you assign IMG activities to processes, you can generate a project IMG in ASAP (ASAPIMG link).You can recognize activities with executable transactions by the execution icon in the IMG.
- Organizational activities
These are for documentation purposes only and do not contain maintenance objects like activities with executable transactions.
Here are some different SPRO Configuration manuals on Sales and Distribution, Finance and Controlling, Working with CIN (Country India Version) configuration and One big Complete SAP Configuration Guide.
SAP SPRO Configuration Manuals for Download
This covers a wide range of tasks to be completed in SAP SPRO configuration.
- General Setting
- Enterprise Structure
- Logistic – General
- Sales & Distribution
- Material Management