1. For what is credit management used?
Credit management is used to set and control customer credit limits.
2. Is credit management an integration point? If yes, with which module.
Yes, with the SD and FI modules.
3. What is a credit control area?
A credit control area is the organizational unit used to set and control credit limits for customers
4. Describe the organizational structure related to credit management. Units and relationships.
• A client can have many credit control areas.
• A credit control area can have many company codes.
• A company code may be assigned to exactly one credit control area, but a list of allowable credit control areas may be configured.
• A company code can have many customers and customers can be related to many company codes.
Therefore, a credit control area can have many customers and customers can be related to several credit control areas
5. Describe the two ways that you can set credit limits in the system.
A) You can set a credit limit per credit control area, which is then the credit limit for any customer within the credit control area, unless otherwise assigned.
B) You can set unique credit limits per customer
6. When maintaining the credit limits of a specific customer, what are the two levels that you can set credit limits?
A) Globally – The maximum limit of a customer around the world, across credit control areas.
B) For a credit control area – The limit for the customer in one particular credit control area.