eCATT stands for extended Computer Aided Test Tool (eCATT) which is built is testing tool to test SAP system. By using testing tool we can test the entire business process, and we can also use this tool with a third party testing tool (I am not covering this topic). Execution of every test script ends with a log, which explains the results of the test script.
By using eCATT we can do following operations,
- Test transactions, reports, and scenarios
- Call BAPIs and function modules
- Test remote systems
- Check authorizations (user profiles)
- Test updates (database, applications, GUI)
- Test the effect of changes to customizing settings
- Check system messages
Download the document on ecatt with steps on working with Material master creation using Ecatt (1750 downloads) .