Web Dynpro is a client-independent programming model on the SAP NetWeaver technology platform and is used to develop user interfaces for professional business applications. It can be used to design user interfaces for both Java and ABAP applications. It is based on the Model-View-Controller paradigm, which ensures that the business logic is separated from the presen-tation logic.
Web Dynpro ABAP or Web Dynpro for ABAP (WD4A, WDA) is SAP’s standard UI technology for developing Web applications in the ABAP environment. It consists of a runtime environment and a graphical development environment. It is equipped with special Web Dynpro tools that are integrated in ABAP Workbench.
Many of the things that application developers require to develop accessible applications are already integrated into the Web Dynpro framework or can be provided by SAP NetWeaver Por-tal for certain users or user groups. Application developers do not need to worry about any of the following:
• Predefined speech synthesis for screen readers (name, state, and value of the UI elements, or instructions for using the keyboard)
• Keyboard access to the UI elements
• Tab chain of the UI elements (defined by the layout container)
• Skipping UI elements and groups for quicker navigation within a view element
• Special style templates with user-defined color schemes
• Support for large fonts and scaling
• Semantic colors (colors that have a symbolic meaning, such as green or red for statuses)
• Keyboard commands