When we are creating GL accounts we must specify account group. The chart of account contains different types of a count grouping or putting of same type and nature of accounts under one name or account is called account groups.
- All liabilities account should start withÂ Â Â Â 1
- All Asset account should start with Â Â Â Â 2
- All Income account should start with Â Â Â Â 3
- All Expenditure Account should start with Â Â Â Â 4
- We create Equity share capital account in between 100000 to 100099
- We create Cash account in between 200000 to 200099
- We create Sales account in between 300000 to 300099
- We create Salaries account in between 400000 to 400099
- We want to see the details of liabilities account we search 1*
- We want to know about the current assets balances we search 2*.
- If any balance is there it will appear otherwise not.
Define Account Group . Path: SPRO>Financial Accounting>General Ledger Accounting>G/L Accounts>Master data> Preparations> Define Account Group. Select IMG activity button T-Code OBD4. Select New Entries Button & We have to fill below details in required fields
In above screen select Save Button or Ctrl + S , one screen will display below, here select Enter, we get a message data was saved.