Steps to retrieve the archived data from SAP.
- Run transition SARJ and Press “Create” Button
- Specify a description for the information structure, archiving object, and field catalog. Afterwards, press again the “Create” button.
- Select the fields that you want to include in your information structures. All fields picked in this step will be available for extraction.
- Press “Technical data” button. Write down the name of the structure table or copy it to the Clipboard for later use. You will need this name for the creation of the generic DataSource, which will retrieve its’ data from this transparent table.
- Press Save Button and return Back to the SARJ screen. To populate an information structure, you have to activate it first. You do so by pressing the “Activate” button on the entry screen of the transaction SARJ
Creation of the Generic Data Source
- Run Transaction RSO2, specify a name for the generic of DataSource and press the “Create” button.
- Give application components, the transparent table to be used for extraction and the descriptions for the DataSource.
- Save your DataSource. On the next screen, you are able to pick which fields of the DataSource should be available for selection in the InfoPackage or hidden, respectively. The fields “Archive key” and “Archives” are technical fields of the structure table to locate the records selected in the archive files. Complete the definition of your DataSource by pressing the “Save” button.
- Replicate the DataSources for the respective application component in the SAP NetWeaver BI system and assign it to an InfoSource. Afterwards, you are able to schedule the extraction via an InfoPackage.
Population of the information structure
Fill active information:
- Automatically, when running the deletion program (only applicable for archives filled by the applications – in this case, it is advisable to extract the data prior to archiving).
- Manually by the user.
- Call the transaction SARJ. Enter your information structure, and choose the option “Create structure” from the “Environment” menu.
- Select the sessions from which you want to include data in the information structure. Press “Set up structure” push button to schedule the population of the information structures. You can perform the population either in “Dialog” or “Background” mode. The “Background” mode is recommended by SAP.
- The successful population of the information structure is indicated by the system by the “Green” traffic light for the respective archiving sessions. Check the contents by using the “Archive Explorer” (push button on the transaction SARI) or by using the “Data Browser” (SE16) for the structure table of the information
Download/View the PDF File on Step by Step Guide to understand more with screenshots