Create free goods discount record Menu path: as below
Minimum qty – Quantity equal or above which free goods discount will apply
Minimum quantity – 5 pieces. Free discount will apply only for quantity greater than 5.
Quantity for which free goods is granted – 10 pieces
Free goods quantity – 1 piece
Free goods % – It is automatically calculated. 1/10 = 10%
Pro rata – If 1 is free per 10 pieces, then if ordered is 50 pieces, then 5 will be free.
Unit reference – For 55 pieces ordered, free quantity will be (1/10)*50 = 10.
Formula is (Free quantity / base quantity) * document quantity
Whole units – Free goods quantity calculated only if it is in multiple of “10”…so if total quantity is 25, free quantity is Nil but if total quantity is 20, then free quantity is 2 pieces.
Free good category
Inclusive Rebate with item generation free item —
Example – Free goods condition record as below. 1 Piece Free per 5 Pieces and minimum order quantity should be 10 pieces.
If free goods pricing is active for the sales order, then it searches for the free discount record. Once the record is found and if as per record if free goods item should appear as sub-item in the sales order, then item category for sub-item is TANN.
TANN determination is as per configuration
100% discount is possible for sub-item as per condition type, R100. R100 in standard pricing procedures like RVCXUS or RVAA01 is added as below.
- Condition base value formula ’28’ is assigned to condition type R100 in the pricing procedure to apply the 100% discount rate.
- Requirement “55” – It should be assigned to this condition type in the pricing procedure so that R100 is calculated only for free items (Item with item category, TANN, which has pricing indicator as “B” – Pricing for free goods, 100% discount).
- Put an order for 15 pieces, then 3 are calculated as additional quantity. Main item (TAN) gets generated with 12 pieces and free quantity is shown as sub-item with 3 pieces.
Pricing for the free item is as below.
The system re-reads the free goods master record in the sales order if the quantities in the main item change or if the pricing date changes. The system then deletes the sub-items and re-creates them and any manual changes to the free goods quantity are lost. If pricing is re-run in the sales order, it does not affect the free goods determination.
Inclusive Free Goods w/o item generation —
If this is selected in above condition record, order looks like as below. The system will not generate items for the free goods. In this case, the correct discount is determined in pricing for the main item.
Pricing looks like as below.
NRAB is used as condition type here. The condition type has condition category “f – free goods – inclusive”. This condition category ensures that the condition is re-determined every time the quantity is changed, since this can also mean a change to the free goods quantity.
• Alternative condition base formula “29” Value is calculated for 811 x 15 = 12165
Variant factor – 20% (1 per 5 pieces) picked from free goods record. So, NRAB value is calculated as 20% of 12165 = 2433.
Disadvantages with one line display are
- The free goods quantity is not obvious during order entry
- The free goods quantities are not identified in the statistics
But the free goods quantity is displayed in the order confirmation and the invoice and when you enter an exclusive bonus quantity, an extra entry line appears where you can enter the good if it is not the same as the ordered material.