Quick checklist which you must know before your start with the program development. Ask these questions before you go to SE38.
- In which system and clients are the programs to be developed or modified (development system and client)?
- In which system and clients will the programs be tested (test system and client)?
- In which systems and clients will the programs be used in production (production system and clients)?
- In which language will the comments in the source code be composed (comment language)?
- In which language will the program interface, print forms, notifications, and texts be composed (interface language)?
- In which language will the technical documentation in the system be composed (development language)?
- Has SAP reserved its own namespace and if so, what is it (customer or project namespace)?
- What programming guidelines and conventions exist for naming development objects and data in the project (programming guidelines)?
- Which data and interfaces of existing SAP R/3 business modules, solutions, or individual developments will be used?