This exercise demonstrates entering general ledger (G/L) documents that represent transactions. In this example, you have purchased, with cash, $600 worth of office supplies from a supplier
From the SAP Easy Access screen: Accounting è Financial accounting è General Ledger è Document entry è Enter GL Account Document
Enter the information as follows:
- Document Date: Today (using drop down and selecting)
- Currency/Rate: USD
- Company Code: _ _ _ _ (has default if only one part of company has been created)
- Account: Using account 740000 (set up as shown in section 03, but for office supply expense)
- D/C: Choose Debit
- Amount in Doc Curr: $600 (amount for this example)
On the next line:
- Account: 100002 (Bank account setup earlier)
- D/C Choose Credit
- Amount in Doc Curr: $600
- Value Date: Choose Today
Note: If you have not created the above accounts, you must do so now.
Select enter, then use the simulate button to ensure the postings are correct.
The following is a view of the screen where all the above information is entered.
This is a view of the screen that will appear if the transaction document was created successfully. Click Save and record document number.