1. Does the bank statement processing functionality affect only the CM submodule?
The bank statement processing is a special CM functionality which, however, sends information into FI. It is not dependent on any other CM functionality or the CM submodule activation.
2. What are the two main parts of a manual bank statement in SAP?
• A bank statement header
• Line items
3. How does a user determine the way in which a particular line item will be posted?
By assigning each line item a transaction name.
4. True or False ? The batch input session for bank posting stands for G/L posting and is always created if the bank statement is posted without errors.
5. True or False? When a batch-input session is incomplete or wrong the bank statement needs to be entered again.
False. Remove the errors or complete data when processing the session in foreground.
6. What does account assignment variant (screen variant) influence? Can it be customized?
It determines what fields are going to be ready for entry when inputting bank statement line items. It can be customized.
7. What are the alternative names for internal transactions and what side of the system are they maintained at (application or configuration)?
Internal transactions = posting rules = internal activities are customized on the configuration side. Indirectly, they are assigned to line items through transaction names and determining the posting details for them (accounts, posting keys, etc.).
8. What is the function of a value date in the bank statement processing ?
The value date is the date when the bank transaction involving a line item takes place. It is assigned to every line item when the bank statement is entered by a user.
9. How is masking used in manual bank statement customizing?
Masking allows us to substitute for a real account number when defining posting rules. The actual account number is derived from a bank account number (account ID) entered and the partial or full masking.