SAP FI FAQs – Reference Documents
1.Â Â Â List the different types of reference documents
- Sample documents,
- Account assignment model (Complex Postings)
- Account assignment template (Enjoy Postings)
- Recurring document or Recurring Entry.
2.Â Â Â What are the main characteristics of each?
- Sample document
- Cannot add new line items
- Not all fields are changeable
- Can only use one at a time
- Account assignment model =
- If the currency is defined then the model can only be used for postings in that specific currency
- Can use more than one when posting documents
- Most fields are changeable after it has been created
- May only be used with complex postings
- Account assignment template
- The only reference document that can be used in the Enjoy Posting screen.
- Created directly in the Enjoy Posting screen
- The posting does not need to be complete.
- Primarily used to post transactions to General Ledger Accounts rather than sub-ledger accounts since it does not save customer or vendor numbers.
- The only mandatory field is the Name that is provided by the user.
- Recurring entry
- Static document
- Fields cannot be changed
- Posting occurs after periodic posting program is run and batch input session is executed.
3.Â Â Â What are the advantages of reference documents?
They simplify data entry and help reduce errors.
4.Â Â Â Explain the difference between the Hold Data and Set Data functions.
- Hold Data -> data defaults into fields and is editable
- Set Data -> data defaults into fields and is not editable
5.Â Â Â What are the steps to creating an account assignment model?
A)Â Â Â Configure the line layout for the account assignment model and name this variant
B)Â Â Â Activate the screen variant
C)Â Â Â Create the account assignment model by pre-assigning values into the fields.
6.Â Â Â In what applications can an account assignment model be used?
General Ledger, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
7.Â Â Â Explain the differences between a sample document and an account assignment model.
Sample documents will not allow for additional line items to be added nor do they have the ability to change all of the pre-assigned fields.Â The account assignment model supports both features.Â The account assignment model allows amounts to be distributed between multiple accounts based on ratios.Â Sample documents allow distribution of amounts by dollar amounts only – no percentage or ratio calculation is performed by the system.
8.Â Â Â What information is required on the header of an account assignment model?
The only required information is the name of the account assignment model itself.Â Optional information includes currency, chart of accounts, sample text, authorization, and equivalence number option.
9.Â Â Â Explain the purpose of the currency key on the account assignment model header.
Currency is not a required field, unless you want to enter predefined amounts.Â Keep in mind that the account assignment model must have the same currency as the document to be posted.
10.Â Â Â List three ways to call up an account assignment model in your document.
Click on the â€œAccount Assignment Modelâ€ push-button
Menu Path: Go To/Account Assignment Model
Enter â€œ00â€ as the posting key and the â€œName of the Modelâ€ in the account field.
11.Â Â Â Can account assignment models contain multiple company code information?
Yes. As a result, inter-company transactions can be initiated with account assignment models.
12.Â Â Â Explain the use of the equivalence number.
Equivalence numbers allow you to distribute journal entry amounts over more than one G/L account using ratios.Â Used mostly with Acct. Assignment Models
13.Â Â Â What is a recurring entry?
Recurring entries are business transaction entries that occur on a regular basis such as monthly rental expenses or insurance payments.
14.Â Â Â How are recurring entries configured and processed in SAP?
A)Â Â Â Setup of recurring entry reference document (document header, line items, validity period, run times)
B) Â Â Â Run recurring posting program periodically (create batch input session for all the recurring entries during a period)
C) Â Â Â Process the batch input session (system will create the journal entries).
15.Â Â Â What data can never be changed in recurring entries?
Line item amounts
16.Â Â Â Can Screen Variants be used with Account Assignment Templates? Why or why not?
Yes, Screen Variants may be used; however, care must be taken to ensure that the fields used by the Account Assignment Template are included in any Screen Variants that will be used.