- When setting up company code global parameters, what are the general data the configurer will need to define?Â What are the global data the configurer will need to define?
- Company Code
- Company Name
- Country Key
- Chart of Accounts
- Credit Control area
- Fiscal year variant
- Field status variant
- Posting Period Variant
- Explain the copy function in SAP when creating a new company code.
The copy function can be used to partially copy a company code by allowing the configure to select specific data desired.
- Explain what is meant by the â€œdeletabilityâ€ check performed by SAP before a company code is deleted?
SAP performs a â€œdeletabilityâ€ check before processing the activity, â€œDelete Company Code.â€Â If the company code meets the delete conditions (e.g., there is no linked/dependent data from other areas), the process may proceed.
- What happens when the company code does not meet delete conditions?
The user will be informed that there is dependent data in the system that must be deleted before the company code can be deleted.
- During an interview, you learn that your client uses 12 normal posting periods during the year, and 4 special periods for year-end adjustments.Â Where is this configured in SAP?
The number of normal posting periods and the number of special periods for year-end adjustments are defined in the Fiscal Year Variant in SAP.
- In a follow up meeting, your client decides they would like to use 12 normal periods and 5 special periods instead.Â What would you (as a consultant) recommend?Â Why?
SAP does not allow the sum of the normal posting periods and the special periods to exceed 16.Â When there are more than 16 periods required, the Special Purpose Ledger with up to 366 posting periods may be used.
- Now assume your client indicates they are on a July-June fiscal year.Â How and whereÂ is this configured?
To define a fiscal year (which differs from a calendar year) in SAP, you must specify the last day of each individual posting period and indicate that the fiscal year differs from the calendar year.Â On the other hand, when the fiscal year does represent the calendar year, each calendar month corresponds to a posting period.
- Your client indicates they would not like the â€œcost centerâ€ field to appear when a user enters a general ledger posting to an asset account. They would, however, like the cost center to be required when a user makes a GL posting to an expense account.Â Where is this configured?
The field status group defines what fields will be suppressed (do not appear), required (must enter value during document creation), or optional for a specific type of account.Â A collection of field status groups makes up a field status variant.Â The field status variant is tied to a company code in the â€œcompany code global parametersâ€ in the IMG.
Note: Suppressing a field will not cause it to be invisible in an Enjoy posting.Â The screen variant is necessary to actually hide a field from view.
- After month-end close, your client would like the ability to close (restrict document entry) the prior period and open the next period for postings.Â Where is this done in the SAP?Â Can this be controlled based on individual account types (e.g. G/L Accounts, Customer Accounts, Vendor Accounts)?
A posting period variant controls the status (open or closed) of posting periods for document creation and maintenance.Â It can also control the posting status by account types and ranges of accounts within account types.Â Posting Period Variants make it possible to maintain the status of Posting Periods independent of the Company Code (one Posting Period Variant can be assigned to multiple company codes).Â The Posting Period Variant is assigned to a company code in the â€œCompany Code Global Parametersâ€ in the IMG.
- What is an account type?
An account type specifies the accounting area to which an account belongs
- What are the account types used in the FI module?
S = General Ledger
D = Customers
K = Vendors
A = Assets
- How would you specify a posting period to be valid for all account types?
Account type â€œ+â€ is used to specify for all account types.