1. What is the SAP Financial Accounting (FI) module?
The SAP Financial Accounting (FI) Module provides integrated, on-line, real-time functionality for processing, recording and maintaining the financial accounting transactions of the business for external reporting purposes.
2. List and describe sub-modules of FI?
- Accounts Receivable (A/R) – sub-module where customer transactions are recorded and administered within FI.
- Accounts Payables (A/P) – sub-module where vendor transactions are recorded and administered within FI.
- General Ledger (G/L) – submodule where financial accounting data for a legal entity is recorded.
- Special Ledger (S/L) – provides summary information from multiple applications at a level of detail that the user defines that provides summary information from multiple applications at user defined levels.
- Asset Accounting (AA)- encompasses the entire lifetime of the assets from purchase order or the initial acquisition through retirement. To a large extent the system automatically calculates the values for depreciation, interest, insurance.
- Legal Consolidations: (FI-LC) is the sub-module with the central task of combining the financial operating results of the companies within a group to provide overall results for the group.
- Funds Management: (FI-FM) is the sub-module that supports financial checking and control using budgeting techniques.
- Travel Management (FI-TM): processes business trip and expense data. It may be integrated with HR (Personnel Data and Payroll).
3. Describe the SAP concept of â€œIntegration.â€
Integration is the process by which data entered in one module is used by or updates another module on a real-time basis.
4. The General Ledger receives simultaneous postings from which other submodules within FI?
The Accounts Receivable (FI-AR), Accounts Payable (FI-AP), and Asset Accounting (FI-AA) modules.
5. FI-AR is closely integrated with which other module(s) within SAP? Which cycle does this support?
The Accounts Receivable (FI-AR) module is closely integrated with the Sales & Distribution and Material Management modules. FI-AR supports the Sales cycle
6. FI-AP is closely integrated with which other module(s) within SAP? Which cycle does this support?
The FI-AP module is a closely integrated with the Materials Management (MM) module. The Accounts Payable module supports the Procurement Cycle.
7. List (3) features of the FI-GL module.
â€¢ Multiple currency capability
â€¢ Flexible real-time reporting
â€¢ Real-time transaction entry
8. Cash Management is a sub-module of which module?
9. Can depreciation be processed from Asset Accounting sub-module directly to the FI and CO Modules?