SAP Finance FAQs – Series 2
1. What are the two major areas within the SAP environment? Describe each.
(1) Configuration – Maintenance of settings in the system to support customized business requirements of the client.
(2) Application – On going processes required to record and report business activity.
2. What are the two methods available for accessing the configuration functions in FI? Describe each.
â€¢ Implementation Guide (IMG) – leads you through the steps required for configuration in an implementation.
â€¢ Transaction codes – takes you directly to the first screen of a transaction without the use of the IMG or menu paths.
3. What are the four configuration areas of the IMG? Describe each.
â€¢ General Settings – non-application dependent specifications
â€¢ Enterprise Structure – definition of organizational units and their relationships
â€¢ Cross-applications component
â€¢ Functional Areas (e.g., Financial Accounting, Sales and Distribution)
4. Give examples of activities performed on the configuration side in SAP? On the application side in SAP?
â€¢ Create Organizational structures
â€¢ Define foreign currencies
â€¢ Define financial statements
â€¢ Outline Credit Management functionality
â€¢ Post Accounting transactions
â€¢ Post Customer Invoice
â€¢ Post Vendor Invoice
â€¢ Create Master records
â€¢ Process financial statements
â€¢ Display accounting documents
5. What are three major components of Customizing?
â€¢ Implementation Guide
â€¢ Basic Functions
â€¢ Procedure Model
6. What is the SAP Procedure Model?
Provides planning basics for an implementation project and describes the different phases of the SAP implementation for all applications (SAPâ€™s implementation methodology).
7. What are the phases (4) in the SAP Procedure Model?
â€¢ Organization and Conceptual design
â€¢ Detailed design and set-up
â€¢ Preparations for going live
â€¢ Productive Operation
8. What does the menu path: System>Status do?
It gives the transaction code and other identifying information for the current (active) transaction.
9. What is the highest level of information in SAP? Where is this configured?
General Settings, which is configured in the IMG
10. What are the tables that are configured under global settings?
Calendar, Units of Measure, Country Table, and Currency & Exchange Rate Table
11. Who is usually responsible for establishing the organizational structure on an implementation?
12. What are some examples of units set up under organizational structure?
â€¢ Company Code
â€¢ Business Area
â€¢ Credit Control Area
â€¢ Functional Area
13. What is meant by â€œcross-applicationâ€ components in the IMG?
Cross-application components encompass all areas of configuration that are not specific to one application. They are used across the functional modules. Examples include:
â€¢ Document Management
â€¢ Documentation Tools
14. What are the three versions of the IMG? Describe each.
â€¢ Reference IMG: Complete Version
â€¢ Enterprise IMG: Subset of the Reference IMG that includes all modules to be implemented for a specific organization.
â€¢ Project IMG: Subset of the Enterprise IMG based on the individual projects or areas within an implementation
15. What is the correction and transport system? Who operates this system?
The Correction and Transport System provides a method to move configuration and program code from system to system or Client to Client. It would be used to move customized data from a development system to a test system, and then to a production system.
The Correction and Transport System is usually operated by the System Administrator.
1 thought on “SAP Finance FAQs – Series 2”
Not long ago I started a blog, and the information you provide on this site has helped me tremendously. Thank you for all of your time & work. cheers!