SAP SD Frequently Asked Questions & Interview Questions
1. What is the purpose of text determination, account determination, partner determination, output determination, and storage location determination?
For transferring information from material or customer to order / delivery or invoice (and anything in between)
For transferring financial and costing information to proper financial docs
For determine who is legally responsible for A/c, who the goods are going to and whatever else you waana drive through this functionality.
What kind output does a sales/delivery/billing document create and who gets it, where? For example A partner might get an EDI notification for a sales order just confirmed, whereas a financial/leasing company gets the invoice!
(a) Text Determination: Any Texts in Material Master/Material Determination/Order/Delivery , etc is meant to convey messages to the subsequent documents for compliance. e.g. “Give Top Priority” message mentioned in Order is meant for Production Dept.
(b) Account Determination: is integration between Finance and SD. The A/P along with Account Keys need to be allocated accordingly with combination of Account Determination Group for Customer and Material if required. (c) Partner Determination: To identify which type of Partner it is so that if required for same Customer different Partner Functions may be required (Ex. Only One Sold To Party per Customer. More than One Ship to Party / Bill to Party / Payer possible. Accordingly different Masters will have to be created. Useful for Despatch of Material in case of Ship to Party, sending Bill in case of Bill to Party and payment follow-up / Dunning in case of Payer.
(d) Output Determination: What type of Output (Fax/Mail, etc) is required, where and in what Format (ABAP Customization may be required in some cases especially Invoices).
(e) Storage Location Determination: depends on Plant, Shipping Point and Storage Conditions
2. What are the five imp fields to be maintained in account determination?
Sales View, Sales Organisation, Distribution Chanel, Chart of Accounts, Account Assignment Group for Customer and Material and Account Keys.
3. How to create excise invoice and what is it
4. What is meant by transfer of data from legacy code to sap Legacy Code?
It should be legacy data to SAP. What it means is you want to transfer all customer and materials and all other information from Older (legacy system) to new SAP system. You can do it using many tools, most noticeably MDMs.
Before installation of SAP, Data maintained by Company is called Legacy Data. At the time of installation, it is required to transfer Data from Legacy to SAP like Masters (Material/Customer, etc). It can be done in various ways like BDC, LSMW, etc.
5. What do you do really in pricing determination and what are the main differences between pricing procedures?
Pricing is determined by combination of Sales Organisation, Distribution Channel, Division, Customer Pricing Procedure and Document Pricing Procedure.
We determine how the prices are calculated, taking into account sales area(sales org, distribution channel, division), document type and customer(generally sold-to-party).
The main differences between pricing procedures would be the differences as we mentioned above, from the point of view of field entries. Coming to the output and the procedure, suppose the condition types used will be different and hence the following whole procedure. One pricing procedure determination to the others, which data control these differences
6. What type of reports generally a support consultant maintains and report
Depends on Customer requirements.
7. What are interfaces used generally an indian organisation which is in retail business and which is in banking business and oil business.
8. What is the purpose of shipping point determination not menu path
So that Shipping Point is determined automatically once the settings for the same are done.
9. What and where types of copy controls we change
Copy Control: is basically meant so that Data is copied from preceding Document to subsequent one. What subsequent Document is required is to some extent determined by Customer Requirements as well as Document Types. (Ex.) In general case of Standard Order, it will be Copy Control (Order to Delivery) from OR to LF.
10. How to and where to maintain copy controls
Check for yourself in IMG (Sales Document types and Delivery Document Types)
11. What is purpose of maintaining common distribution channels and common divisions?
Common Distribution Channel and Common Division are maintained so that if any master data like customer or material maintained with respect to one distribution channel can be used in other DCh. It prevents the multiplication of master records.
Eg: A customer is created for say sales area 1000/20/00 then the same customer can be used in sales area 1000/30/00 if we maintain 20 as common distribution channel. Hence no need for extending the customers…the same for materials also.
12. What is the difference between the Availability check 01 (Daily requirement) and 02 (Individual Requirement) in material master?
01 and 02 are the checking group. Availability check is carried out with the help of these checking group and checking rule. Checking group 01 and 02 are maintained on the material master.
01 – Individual requirement -For this system generates transfers the requirement for each order to the MRP .So that MM can either produce or procure.
02- Collective requirement.-In this all the requirements in a day or in a week are processed at a time. System stores all req and passes on to the MRP in MRP run. In this system performance is high however you can not do the backorder processing whereas in other you can do.
13. What is a Division in SAP SD?
A division is a product group that can be defined for a wide range of products or services. Customer specific arrangements can also be made in a division. A sales organization can have many divisions.
14. What is a sales office in SAP SD?
A sales office is a geographically located unit of a sales organization.
15. What is a shipping point and loading points in SAP SD?
Shipping points are the points from where deliveries are initiated. One shipping point can be assigned to more than one store or plant. A Loading point is just a subdivision of a shipping point and manually entered into the header data of the delivery.
16. What is the transaction code for creating a customer in SAP SD?
VD01, VA01, XD01
17. What are the basic elements of a customer master record?
The sold to party, the ship to party, bill to party, and the payer record.
18. What are inter company customers?
These customers represent the sales customers within the same client but between different company codes.
19. What is a one time customer?
This is a general customer that is created for those customers for which you do not want to create separate records. This customer can be reused.
20. How does the SAP system knows which fields to turn on and off when you create a customer master record?
Using the account group which is assigned to the customer.
21. Who defines the account groups?
Normally these are defined by the finance team.
22. Who is a payer in the customer master record?
Payer is the individual or company who will settle the invoices for products or services sold.
23. Can you give me some tables in SAP SD for customer master?
Some of the tables are KNVV, RF02D, KNA1 etc
24. What are some of the examples of Global settings?
Currencies, countries etc. This data is application independent.
25. What is a sales organization?
Sales organization is an organizational unit that sells and distributes products and negotiates terms of sales and is responsible for all the transactions involved with a sale
26. What is the purpose of material master data?
Master data responsible for representing all information related to products or services that a company produces or sell.
27. What is the transaction code for creating a material/article in SAP?
MM41 for creating article in SAP IS Retail and MM01 in SAP Industry solution for creating a material.
28. How do you extend a material, which transaction?
29. What are some of the views in a material master?
Basic data, additional basic data, Accounting views, MRP views, Purchasing views, Storage views, forecasting views, sales views and in IS Retail there is also a Listing view and POS view.
30. What is a base unit of measure in material master?
This is a unit of measure used as a basis for all the transactions, all movements of quantities will be converted to that base unit of measure which is specific to an article.
31. Can you have specific customer material information entered in SAP?
Yes, VD51 is the transaction or inside VA02 also you can add customer material information records.
32. What is a customer group? Give me some examples.
Customer group is 2 digit numbers that is configured within IMG and allows logical grouping of customers. For example you may want to group International customers, Domestic customers or military customers separately.
33. What are some of the tables in SAP SD?
VBAK – Order header
VBAP – Order Item
VBEP – Order schedule line
LIKP – Delivery Header
LIPS – Delivery Item
VBPA – Partners
VBFA – Document flow
34. How would you find which table is being used in a particular field?
Bring your cursor to the field in a transaction and press F1 and then technical info.
35. How would you find all the tables in SAP?
SE16 (or) SE11.
36. What are some of the material master data tables?
MARA – Material highest level data
MBEW – Data referring to accounting
MVKE – Data referring to sales
MARC – Data at the plant level
WLK1 – Listing information
MARD – Data storage locations
Here are the Few frequently Asked SD Questions (With out Answer):
- What are the five imp fields to be maintained in account determination?
- How to create excise invoice and what is it?
- What is meant by transfer of data from legacy code to sap?
- What are interfaces used generally an indian organisation which is in retail business and and which is in banking business and oil business?
- What is the purpose of shipping point determination not menu path?
- What and where types of copy controls we change?
- How to and where to maintain copy controls?
- What is purpose of maintaining common distribution channels and common divisions?
- What is the relation between sap sd and abap?
- What should be the value set for Lead Time in Sales Document Type while configuring the system?
- How do you calculate net price on MRP based?
- What are the five imp fields to be maintained in account determination?
- Is it possible to release change request, without releasing task.
- What do you do really in pricing determination, and what are the main differences between one pricing procedure determination to the others, which data control these differences?
- Product attributes means?
- Can one have multiple packing for delivery?
- What is the difference between general item category group and item category group ( sales org2 in MMR)?
- To extend material one plant to another plant what are the configuration you done in your project?
- How SAP support to the client to know the customer requirements?
- How to stop PGI?
- Quotation has been created for product-D, 10 quantities, sales order is created with reference to the quotation, system copies 10 quantities in sales order. How do you restrict in sales order end
- user should not change quantities, system should not allow for changes by en user?
- What is the client specific data? Give two examples of client specific data?