SAP Solution manger is a unique solution stack which enables several of its integrated business processes to seamlessly interact with the customers IT Landscape (Change Management, Service Desk, etc.) The business processes are core function within SAP Solution manger and replace the customers need to purchase, implement and maintain separate software and hardware solutions that provide these functions. This is one very significant benefit that SAP Solution manager brings – the ability to replace several un-integrated tools with a single product which provides seamless integration, a single interface.
SAP Solution Manager supports the Customer and the Implementation Partner throughout the entire life-cycle of the solutions, from the Business Blueprint to the configuration and Go-Live stages. It provides central access to tools, methods and preconfigured contents which can be used during evaluation, implementation and operational processing of the SAP systems.
Solution Manager is a natural extension of Accelerated SAP and ValueSAP methodology. SAP Solution Manager is a separate system providing both Implementation and Operational tools. Solution Manager provides tools, content, procedures, and services to implement and operate your SAP solution. Solution Manager enables process-oriented design, configuration, testing, and on-going system monitoring during operations, regardless of the complexity of the system landscape.
Evolution of Solution Manager
ASAP methodology (1996): Offline CD set of tools, content and a methodology for component-based implementation projects. The CD-ROM contained the first implementation Roadmap and associated tools.
ValueSAP (1999): Offline CD set with tools, content and methodologies for evaluation, implementation and continuous business improvement. The CD-ROM contained advanced tools such as the QADB, BPML etc. ASAP CD set is used as a tool platform. ASAP content is included to cover the implementation phase.
SAP Solution Manager: Online Platform (SAP WebAS based) to support key implementation activities including any key ASAP concepts and tool features. It has Enhanced concepts due to new challenges of SAP implementation. Integrated platform to support Implementation and Operation of SAP solutions. With the advent of Solution Manager, SAP has moved the ASAP methodology tools into an integrated systems which can help manage SAP solutions from implementation to Operations and Continuous improvement. The latest version of SM is 7.0. SAP SM 4.0 officially got renamed to 7.0 as of May 1, 2008. The reason is to align SAP NetWeaver and SM having the same release number. As SAP SM is a matured product which provides sufficient standard out of the box application management functionality for SAP solutions to Customers, SAP has moved away from â€˜annualâ€™ releases of new versions. SAP SM 7.0 will be enhanced continuously through Integration Packages and focus group specific Extensions. SAP SM is mandatory for all Business Suite 2005 and beyond.
Advantages of SAP Solution Manager
Providing central access to Tools, Methods, and Pre-Configured Content, the SAP Solution Manager provides support throughout the life cycle of solutionsâ€”from Business Blueprint to Configuration to Support.
The features include:
- Implementation/Upgrade of SAP Solutions
- Central access to Project Tools (Project Administration, Business Blueprint, Configuration, Test Workbench, Group Rollout Templates)
- Central management of Project Information (Roadmap, System Landscape, Documentation, etc.)
- Enables comparing/synchronizing customizing in several SAP components
- Solution Monitoring
- Central System Administration
- System Landscape Analysis with System Level Reporting
- Real-time System Monitoring
- Business Process Monitoring
- Services and Support
- Access to programs/services for monitoring and optimizing system performance and availability to minimize risks.
- Service Desk
- Solution Support through Work Flow to create and manage Process/Problem Messages.
- Change Management
- Trace and audit system changes and transports through Change Request Management.
Why SAP Solution manager for mySAP ERP?
- Faster Implementation and more efficient operation of mySAP ERP.
- All available implementation and upgrade content included.
- Optimal support of all operations, maintenance and improvement activities.
- Optimal access to all support services
- Faster issue resolution through optimal collaboration with active global support.
As well as the benefits for SAP support by solution manager diagnostics, the SAP Solution Manager itself has an enormous potential for the customers in general, regardless of whether it is used to assist in an installation or in an upgrade.