Web Dynpro ABAP is the SAP standard UI technology for developing Web applications in the ABAP environment. It consists of a runtime environment and a graphical development environment with
special Web Dynpro tools that are integrated in the ABAP Workbench (SE80).
Web Dynpro technology is based on the Model View Controller paradigm, to ensure a clear division between the definition of the user interface and the implementation of the application logic. Within
this concept, the model retrieves the application data from the back-end system. If you want to define multiple models, the model must be bound to the relevant Web Dynpro component that the model is to use.
Web Dynpro offers the following advantages for application developers:
● The use of declarative and graphical tools significantly reduces the implementation effort
● Web Dynpro supports a structured design process
● Strict separation between layout and business data
● Reuse and better maintainability by using components
● The layout and navigation is easily changed using the Web Dynpro tools
● Stateful applications are supported – that is, if the page is changed and the required data remains intact so that you can access it at any time throughout the entire application context.
Download the manual on Working with Webdynpro Application.