ABAP Query (also known as an SAP Query or Query) is a powerful tool used to generate simple reports without any coding. Typically, an ABAP query is created first by defining a User Group and a Functional Group. The functional group can either be created with reference to a logical table or a database table. Once the functional group is defined, the user group is assigned to the functional group. The last step is to create the query on the functional group that is generated.
An ABAP Query can be used to create the following three types of reports:
- Basic Lists: Reports with basic formatting without any calculated fields.
- Statistics: Reports with statistical functions such as average, percentages, etc.
- Ranked Lists: Ranked lists are used for analytical purposes.
Quick Viewer (SQVI)
Quick Viewer is a comprehensive tool for defining reports in different forms such as basic lists, statistics, or ranked lists. The Quick viewer is basically used for generating basic lists and is very userful for beginners who was to analyze data between two or more different tables.
Here is a PDF file to teach you step by steps instructions for Quick Viewer.
Convert Quick View into a Query
The Quick View reports can easily be converted into SAP Queries. To do this, choose first the query group that you are assigned to and that you will want to assign your query to. If the QuickView you want to convert is based on an InfoSet, that InfoSet must be assigned to your query group.
- Navigate to the main screen of the Query tool with SQ01 transaction and select “Query” –> “Convert QuickView”.
- On the dialogue-box, select the QuickView you want to change.
- Click the green check mark and add the name of the Query and define an InfoSet on the following dialogue-box to proceed with the query.
- Then select “enter”. The Quick View is now converted into a query, and can be shared with other users.