SLICENSE – It is a transaction that is used to apply the license to get the runtime support for the system even though it is valid for 30 days (4 Weeks i.e. 28 days). It is recommended to apply license because they are not considered for support.
- Goto – Market place www.service.sap.com/licensekey
- Click on obtain permanent license key
- Select the Installation number based on the component (ERP, NETWEAVER(EP, BI, XI, PI, MI, JDI), SCM, SRM, CRM & Solution Manager).
- Specify the system ID(SID), OS, DB, System Type, purpose(DEV, PRD, QAS, TEST etc)
- Click on continue to display the hardware key input.
- The license key is specific to Customer, Installation number, System Number, Hostname and the Hardware key.
- Hardware key is unique (use command saplicense -key )
- Specify the Hardware key and email-id to generate and send license key to the mail-id specified, Alternatively select the system and click o
Execute [Slicense] Tcode
Click on > New Licenses
Click on > Install license key and it prompts for the path of the license key, provide the downloaded file path and click on OK to apply the license.