Material documents in SAP contain materials (goods) that are either issued from or received into inventory. The documents are created ONLY by Materials Management / Services personnel in each hospital, not by departmental end-users
Material documents are:
- Created manually or electronically, like Doc. type WA, when goods are issued from inventory to the department.
- Created manually, like Doc. type WE, when goods are received into inventory.
A material document has two basic Movement types (located in the MvT column) as follows:
This movement type posts a receipt for goods or materials. A goods receipt can occur for stock items, non-stock items, and services. The receipt must be entered immediately after the delivery of the material to ensure that stock is available when needed, financial records of the company are properly updated, and suppliers are paid for their goods and services.
- 101 (Goods Receipt): this type can be seen from the PO history on a purchase order.
- 102 (Return)
This movement type posts the issue of goods usually to fulfill the material requirements of a reservation of goods from inventory. A reservation is created automatically through the PDAD program or the single-point-of-entry program (ZM10). The value of the materials is expensed to the cost center at the time the goods issue transaction is entered into the system.
- 921(Goods Issue PDAD): created from a program that’s run by Allegiance personnel after the inventory is taken in the storage locations. The program matches the inventory on hand with the par levels that are set up for the inventory that should remain on hand and the difference either is pulled from inventory (STAT room) or gets turned into orders that are restocked when they are delivered.
- 922 (RE (reversal) Goods Issue PDAD): created for a reversal of movement type 921.
- 201 (Goods Issue for Cost Center): created for a manually entered goods issue in response to a reservation request by an end-user.
- 202 (RE (reversal) Goods Issue for Cost Center): created for a reversal of movement type 201.
Check the end user manual on working with SAP Material Documents.